About The Consumer Law Office of Steve Hofer

Steve Hofer has been practicing consumer law in Indiana for more than 20 years. He is a former Indiana State Chairperson of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, a national organization of attorneys striving for fairness in the consumer marketplace. Contact me by phone at 317-662-4529 or via email at hoferlawindyATgmail.com. You can also leave a message through my website at www.hoferlawindy.com.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

What does a "Consumer Lawyer" do? Here's what I'm working on this summer

When I tell people that I'm a consumer lawyer, they always ask: "what does a consumer lawyer do?"  I don't know why, but after many years in the trade, I still have a problem answering the question in a way that is meaningful.  That being said, here are some of the things I've been working on this summer:

- Pension assignments to Voyager Financial Group
- Uncleared liens by (defunct) Avco Financial Services
- Lawsuits over student loans by National Collegiate Student Loan Trust and Educap
- Collection cases involving Cach LLC, Unifund, Midland Credit Management and more
- American Water Resources, Inc - water and sewer line protection plans
- Credit repair organization contracts
- Undisclosed rebuilt wrecks
- Cell phone harassment
- Mortgage foreclosure defense
- Credit report issues
- Lawsuits by Driver Solutions, LLC. and Medtech College

Summer?  What is this "summer" of which you speak?

No comments:

Post a Comment