About The Consumer Law Office of Steve Hofer

Steve Hofer has been practicing consumer law in Indiana for more than 20 years. He is a former Indiana State Chairperson of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, a national organization of attorneys striving for fairness in the consumer marketplace. Contact me by phone at 317-662-4529 or via email at hoferlawindyATgmail.com. You can also leave a message through my website at www.hoferlawindy.com.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Have you had Assets Seized or Garnished from an Indiana State Tax Debt (owed or not owed)?

I am interested in talking to people who have had assets seized or garnished relating to Indiana state tax debts, including income tax, payroll tax and other taxes as well. I have talked to two people who owned small out-of-state companies who were surprised to find out that the State of Indiana had put a freeze on their bank accounts relating to old tax debts. It seems that at least in some cases the problem comes up when the company does business for a short time in Indiana, pays payroll taxes for awhile in Indiana, then ceases Indiana operations, but the State of Indiana presumes that the operations and the employment went on (maybe for years) afterwards. The good news is that when you show Indiana that you ceased operations years before, it is likely that Indiana will send your money back. More problematic is getting back collection fees that are charged by third party collection agencies collecting for the state. I have some theories to get this money back, but I haven't been able to test them in the real world yet. Indiana has a contract with Premiere Credit of North America, LLC. to collect state taxes. Indiana may have arrangements with other collection agencies as well. If you have any problems with Premiere Credit of North America, please contact me. If you have assets seized relating to Indiana state taxes - even if Premiere Credit isn't involved, please contact me. I am trying to find patterns that so fare have been elusive.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete