About The Consumer Law Office of Steve Hofer

Steve Hofer has been practicing consumer law in Indiana for more than 20 years. He is a former Indiana State Chairperson of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, a national organization of attorneys striving for fairness in the consumer marketplace. Contact me by phone at 317-662-4529 or via email at hoferlawindyATgmail.com. You can also leave a message through my website at www.hoferlawindy.com.

Friday, June 12, 2015

If You Are Sued by Educap Please Contact Me - Even IF You Aren't in Indiana

Private student loans cannot be discharged in bankruptcy if the loan is originated by a not-for-profit company (I'm oversimplifying but this is the gist.)  Educap has created quite a niche for itself by being technically not-for-profit but still being lucrative for its principle players.  See this CBS news story.  Educap has been suing student loan borrows lately, and I have my suspicions about these lawsuits.  If you have any experience being sued by Educap, either now or anytime within the past 2 years, please contact me.  If you have a live case that needs defending, I will try to find a NACA member attorney in your area.  If you have a dead case, I will look at it to see if I can see any offensive claim you can make.



<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4vF6UJb6A90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment