About The Consumer Law Office of Steve Hofer

Steve Hofer has been practicing consumer law in Indiana for more than 20 years. He is a former Indiana State Chairperson of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, a national organization of attorneys striving for fairness in the consumer marketplace. Contact me by phone at 317-662-4529 or via email at hoferlawindyATgmail.com. You can also leave a message through my website at www.hoferlawindy.com.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Are a large number of Ram Promaster Vans Lemons?

The Ram Promaster is the American market version of the Fiat Ducato, a Euro-style van that has been available in Europe for more than 20 years. The Ram version is made in Mexico and has been available since the 2014 model year.

After fielding a telephone call regarding problems with a Ram Promaster van, I did some internet research. Based on what I found, it appears that the Ram Promaster would not be a vehicle that I would consider for my business. If you have a Ram Promaster that has given you trouble, I suggest that you keep good records of the repairs and dates out of service for the possibility of making a lemon law claim.

One good thing is that all or almost all variants of the Promaster have gross vehicle weights under 10,000 lbs.  This is the cutoff for protection under the lemon law in Indiana as well as many other states.  Most commercial vehicles are heavier and are excluded from lemon law protection.

If you have a vehicle that you think might be a lemon, if you are in Indiana, feel free to contact me. If you are outside of Indiana, get a referral to a lawyer in your area at www.consumeradvocates.org.

1 comment:

  1. I have 2 Promaster diesels that I use in my business. We are spending 10's of thousands of dollars keeping them on the road. One had a single repair bill over $25,000 which Chrysler covered much under warranty. This week we were told our other van needs $7,000 in repairs. $3,700 just to replace the DEF tank. This is crippling our business at a time when over 50% of our customers are shut down.

    ReplyDelete