About The Consumer Law Office of Steve Hofer

Steve Hofer has been practicing consumer law in Indiana for more than 20 years. He is a former Indiana State Chairperson of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, a national organization of attorneys striving for fairness in the consumer marketplace. Contact me by phone at 317-662-4529 or via email at hoferlawindyATgmail.com. You can also leave a message through my website at www.hoferlawindy.com.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Loan Star Funds and Caliber Home Loans Accused of Stiffing a Contractor for $2.9 Million

My most popular posts in this blog have been about Loan Star Funds, and in particular its LSF9 Master Participation Trust fund and its servicer Caliber Home Loans.  I've gotten emails from more people than I can count, and almost all of them are complaining that they can't get a hold of anyone at Caliber to talk about their mortgage or the condition of their property, or they can't get LSF9 to even consider modifying their mortgage.  I CAN'T GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY RELIEF.  There is no remedy for not answering phone calls, and LSF9 doesn't have to modify the mortgages.

All that being said, I think this company deserves all the bad press its conduct generates. That's why I'm linking this article about accusations that Caliber refused to pay a contractor, Chronos Solutions that was hired to fix up houses that Caliber foreclosed upon.  Hmm, where have we heard before that a billionaire refused to pay contractors?  

Anyway, feel free to vent on Lone Star - Caliber in the comments.  Please don't email me because Caliber won't modify your mortgage or won't give you information on how you can buy a foreclosed house.  You can complain to the CFPB, unless the Republicans have gotten rid of it by then.  If you value the CFPB as the only federal agency that is really working in the public interest relating to the financial industry, please send a message to your United States Senators and ask them to preserve a strong, independent Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, preferably with Richard Cordray as Director.  

5 comments:

  1. If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content. loans while waiting for inheritance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. solve your money problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks click for more info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! Money Trumpet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? online installment loans instant approval | slick cash loan

    ReplyDelete