About The Consumer Law Office of Steve Hofer

Steve Hofer has been practicing consumer law in Indiana for more than 20 years. He is a former Indiana State Chairperson of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, a national organization of attorneys striving for fairness in the consumer marketplace. Contact me by phone at 317-662-4529 or via email at hoferlawindyATgmail.com. You can also leave a message through my website at www.hoferlawindy.com.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenovo Driver Power State Failure

Do you have a recent Lenovo laptop computer and frequently get a crash screen referring to a driver power state failure? The error message is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I personally have had this problem since I purchased my Lenovo Y410P last year.  Apparently Y510P owners are reporting the the problem also, and perhaps the error affects other models as well.  A lot of owners have reported this error on online forums, but Lenovo has not been forthright about fixing the problem.  I updated all the drivers I could, and thought I had the problem licked, but it came back. I am considering a class action against Lenovo.  If you are having this problem, please fill out the intake form on the www.hoferlawindy.com website. Even if we don't end up with a class action, if we have a bunch of owners banded together, I think we will get their attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment